Values And Beliefs
Of Dismas Charities
Our Values and Beliefs underscore the dream of our founder, Father William Diersen, who believed every person deserved a second chance — that no one should be discriminated against based on his condition in life.
“Redemption’s Light,” the theme song of Dismas Charities,
co-written by Wayne Carroll and Simeon Amburgey, and
performed by Odeen Mays and the Messengers.
Dismas’ Values and Beliefs build on
Father Diersen’s eloquent philosophy:
- Integrity: Maintain the highest level of ethical conduct, accountability and trust.
- Respect: Demonstrate respect at all times for self, clients, staff, community, and all business relationships.
- Dignity: Insure the dignity of all individuals and treat all with respect and compassion.
- Accountability: All individuals are accountable for their actions and all have the capacity to change.
- Healing: The inclusion of the community is vital to the healing process.
- Diversity: Respect the diversity of all because judging others limits our ability to heal the human spirit.
- Stewardship: As responsible stewards, insure that programs are self-supporting.
Internationally acclaimed “sand artist” Joe Castillo created this video to celebrate the values and beliefs of Dismas Charities.